Man took selfies with motionless housemate after repeatedly stamping on his head

Wayne Pepper was placed in an induced coma after Jonathan Shutler launched the attack

Wayne Pepper was placed in an induced coma following the brutal attack (Picture: BPM Media)

A man who repeatedly stamped on his housemates head and took selfies with him as he lay seriously injured on the floor has been jailed.

Jonathan Shutler, 28, went to bed after the brutal attack and did not call for medical help until more than 13 hours later – at the suggestion of a friend.

Victim Wayne Pepper, 48, was placed into a medically induced coma, after suffering multiple facial fractures and traumatic damage to his brain tissue.

Following the attack, he now needs a walking stick and has problems with balance and long-term memory.

Shutler told police he thought the fight started over a catapult he had stolen from Mr Pepper a week or so earlier.

He was jailed for eight years with an extended licence of three years after release, having pleaded guilty to causing grievous bodily harm with intent.



Judge Gregory Dickinson QC, said of Shutlers victim: Time will tell if he ever makes a full recovery.

Nottingham Crown Court heard how Shutler uploaded the images to Facebook, following the attack on April 6, this year, at Radford-based YMCA accommodation where the pair were living.

A 20-year-old man has been handed a suspended sentence despite causing shocking stab wounds to his victim. Joseph Willett-Barney, of Tollerton Park, pleaded guilty to stabbing another man at a nightclub in Ripley in th early hours of Saturday, March 23. Caption: Nottingham Crown Court.

Shutler was sentenced to eight years at Nottingham Crown Court (Picture: BPM Media)

CCTV footage showed the horrific attack, which saw Shutler stamp on Mr Peppers head 10 times, using a wall and a cooker to keep his balance.

Over the course of three hours, Shutler also stole money from his wallet, flicked cigarette ash on his head and stood over his body pouring the contents of a can of alcohol over him.

The attacker watched television and drank alcohol as Mr Pepper – who started the physical fight – lay wounded on the living room floor nearby.

Alan Murphy, prosecuting, said: Within 20 seconds of the start of the fight, Shutler had plainly got the better of Mr Pepper.

He held him on the floor and rained a flurry of punches to his head.

When another resident came into the room and tried to calm the situation, Shutler took advantage of Mr Pepper looking away to land a forceful punch to the side of his head.

Mr Pepper tripped over a chair and Shutler then launched what can only be described as a savage attack on the prostrate Mr Pepper, said Mr Murphy.

The footage showed Read More – Source